Pyronix Deltabell-WE using a 12v PSU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a fully installed and working Pyronix Enforcer system using the wireless combo kit. for the main house external bell box though I added an extra wired Deltabox with backlighting.

The original Wireless bell box is just used indoors as a remote internal sounder.

All has been good for a couple of years but I'm now wondering what happens when the two batteries (BATT-ES1) are going to need replacing. They are very expensive!

The Deltabell-WE which I have does have 12v PSU connections but the manual appears to say that even if you use a PSU you also need the batteries in place. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Does anyone know for sure, if I can reliably use a PSU in place of the pair of very expensive batteries? If not I can simply delete it from the system and bin it.

Sponsored Links
Batteries for this unit are less than £20 .....if you use a psu the batteries are only used as a back up ....but it needs the batteries as it will report low battery at some stage if not fitted ...

Many thanks for the reply. A battery is just under £20 but there are two of them. It’s not worth £40 every time just for an internal sounder.

If I get round to it I may try replacing the batteries with a 3v power supply.

Sponsored Links
on the new WE-Siren ,there is no 12Vin terminal....its battery only

They put it back on in November ....12v ( 13.80) dc only ....old one took ac aswell

Would someone mind confirming via Pyronix that the old one definitely needs battery as well if you use the power supply. Seems an odd way to build it?

No it's not ....a hardwired bellbox has a battery ....unless you fit a power supply with a battery back up it's not going to work in a power cut ...

Doh!

Now you put it like that it makes perfect sense. I’d forgotten that mine is really meant to go outside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back