Pyronix Deltabell-WE has no facilty for external power!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So as some of you may know, I am installing a Pyronix Enforcer alarm system.

Well in the box containing the Deltabell-WE, there is a notice informing me that the facility for the bell box to accommodate an external power source has been removed due to changes to the PCB design. o_O:rolleyes:(n)

It would seem to me the Bell box would be the second most power hungry component of the system after the Panel, but due to the change in design I am not so sure.

(The strobe function is LED based as far as I can tell, no true xenon strobe; which I suppose is for power consumption reasons.)

I am now rather worried though :cautious: how long the batteries in the deltabell-we box will roughly last (Say 2 triggerings a year), both at the stock configuration (comfort LED's off, siren and strobe time out set to 4 minutes) and at my current configuration settings (comfort LED's on, strobe flash on system set, siren time out set to 15 minutes, and strobe time out set to indefinite.)

Do I need to worry about constantly replacing the batteries in the bell box, or will they last a long time and for how long.:?:

Sponsored Links
You don't need. 15 mins for bell time , set for 10 and you don't want the strobe to overun , if your that bothered about these other features then hardwire the bell, you will allways have limitations with wireless devices

Drill a hole through the wall for a cable from the battery holder inside the bell box to a suitable power supply in the house. Even if you still use batteries as the power supply then with the batteries inside the house changeing them will not involve any ladder work.

Sponsored Links
The pros of wireless for DIY installations are strongly prommoted by the sales people. The cons are seldom mentioned and if they are mentioned they are then dismmissed as only being minor irritations.

Unfortunately Bernard people don't want to pay for 20 years of experience of fishing wires up cavities and down voids , drilling behind coving and having a neat hardwired alarm sytem....that's the way of the world !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back