Dent on copper pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am redecorating and will be laying down a laminate floor. My 15mm radiator pipes are located horizontally above the floor.

When I was sanding the old paint on my radiator pipes, I noticed a small dent on one of them. It must have been caused several years ago when I had a cable installed through those pipes and it may have been caused by a tool, possibly a drill bit. I never had a problem in all those years but only realised after having slightly sanded the pipes and I'm wondering whether I could have made the dent weaker.

Is there anything I could use that would reinforce that small dent, such as epoxy putty for example if it's compatible (non acidic/heat expandable)?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
^^^ this. Copper is strong and pretty malleable, so shouldn't be an issue unless it's been dented with something sharp that may cause it to split (unlikely). If it isn't leaking now, chances are it won't.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back