Dents on Hardwood Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Someone who came over to my house was wearing stiletto heals and caused dents all over my hardwood floor. My flooring is not waxed. Can this be fixed?? Please help!!

But, when I rub the floor, a smudge appears so my flooring probably has some type of finish to it.

Sponsored Links
Your flooring is knackered I'm afraid. Stilleto heals must have caused a £billion in damage over the years. The only hope is to sand it well back with a big belt sander.

Sherri said:
Someone who came over to my house was wearing stiletto heals and caused dents all over my hardwood floor. My flooring is not waxed. Can this be fixed?? Please help!!
Adds character to your floor, dents happen, that's life I'm afraid.
With what did you rub the floor that it creates smudges??

Sherri said:

I assume its a newish floor thats why you notice it.

As woodulike says it adds character, get your friend round again with heels on.

Sponsored Links
you can if its solid floor [not laminated layers] use a damp cloth and a very hot clothes iron "steam the area " this can realease the fibres anywhere between not a lot and quite a bit ;)

the down side to doing this on treated wood is you can get a temporary or permanent "clouding" under the finnish so do it in a hidden area first

having said all that as said abouve your best to get used to it as thats the carricter being formed because short off issuing slippers to everyone and wipeing the soles to remove grit thats stuck to them theres no easy way to keep it pristine

if you have kids or animals your going to ruin their and your life trying to keeping it looking new :D :D :D ;)

Unfortunately that is one of the disadvantages of solid wood over high quality laminate.
All you can do as Joe-90 says is to sand it and reseal it.
I can never understand why people say that having a floor full of scratches, dents and stains adds to the character.
I have laid one or two in my time and despite warning people of inevitability of scratches etc they still moan about it when it happens.
Its even worse when they insist on what they call "pine floorboards"

anobium said:
I can never understand why people say that having a floor full of scratches, dents and stains adds to the character.

personal choice :D :D :D ;)

anobium said:
That is always said in 'jest' i.e. like the first scratch on a new car: ouch, but it happens - that's life.
If you don't want scratches on your car, keep it in the garage all its life, if you don't want dents on you hardwood floor (and pine-boards is softwood and dents, damages more easier), keep a stack of slippers next to the frontdoor and insist your guests ware them (or stop inviting guests ;))

Treat it like carpet. You wouldn't wear work boots on a carpet.

:LOL: :LOL:
But you walk on carpet with stiletto heels (or if they are damaged - and only damaged stilettto heels dent the floor - might trip ?)

Deluks said:
big-all said:
anobium said:

personal choice :D :D :D ;)

Optimistic defeatism? :confused:

ok a more detailed answer :D

we have two choices [one] never use the floor orrr
[two] use the floor take reasonable care but accept that wear and tear happens and either accept its going to happen or ruin your life trying to keep it new :cry: :cry: :cry: ;)

WoodYouLike said:
:LOL: :LOL:
But you walk on carpet with stiletto heels (or if they are damaged - and only damaged stilettto heels dent the floor - might trip ?)

But you treat a carpet with respect. You look at it and think "not in these boots". A wooden floor should be the same. "Not in these shoes".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back