Design ideas for loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

So, my Dad has got a full loft conversion which acts as a bedroom. The current three point spot lights that are up sit on a beam that goes across the apex and doesn't look great.

I was going to build a flat false ceiling running parallel with the appex and install some downlights, but I think it won't look so good. Does anyone know of any lights/suggestions for lights that can sit awkwardly or specifically for loft conversions? Can't have a big drop on it, low ceiling.

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
There should be love for pendants because thats the only thing apart from a fluorescent that will light the place properly. A row of downlighters causes you to have a yellow strip up the middle of the room and the adjustable bar lights cause someone, somewhere to have a halogen lamp shining in their eye.

What headroom do you have in this room at the moment??

Sponsored Links
Not sure exactly but put it like this my dad looked at some fancy pendant lights with a 5 inch drop n that was too low for two blokes at 5ft 8

Not sure exactly but put it like this my dad looked at some fancy pendant lights with a 5 inch drop n that was too low for two blokes at 5ft 8

How long ago was this done?

Can't believe they passed plans for a maximum "ceiling" height barely more than 1.8m....

you could try a catenary wire type system... 2 wires span from end to end and you clamp the downlights onto them where you want them..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back