design work for dentist sergery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all Viewer's
Im doing a project design for a two-storey dentist sergery, would appreciate help to select using manufacturer's data, select suitable luminaires for each area.( Using possibly data from Thorn Catalogue). all other suggestion appreciated.
Ceiling's are as follow. All ceilings are to be suspended 600mm*600mm grid with romovable tiles 2400mm above floor with the exception of the store room, and some emergency lighting too.

The incomming supply is 400/230v 50Hz three phase four-wire, which together with the installation forms part of a TN-C-S System. The declared value of Ze is 0.06 ohms and the prospective fault current is 7KA.

Area's as follow:
Ground floor/ Location = Area squared--First Floor/Location/Area Squared

Treatment Room = 12.02 / Office = 7.38
Hallway = 54.69 / X-Ray = 6.05
Store = 1.68 / Store 1 = 2.60
Electrical intake = 4.00 / Dentist Room = 30.59
Sergery room = 27.29 / Hygienist = 12.68
Pactice manager = 12.26 / Admin = 15.24
Admin = 35.55 / Reception = 20.14
Waiting area = 69.17 / Treatment Room 1 = 19.80
Pharmacy = 22.60 / Staff area (main) = 29.31
Secure store = 6.27 / Staff area(corridor)= 2.40
Nurse room = 13.65 / Kitchen = 6.74
Health visitor = 13.00 / Treatment room 2 = 26.70
Stairway = ----- / Store 2 = 5.13
Lobby = 11.38 / Landing = 4.75
Gent's Toilet = 3.60 / Stairway = ----
Disabled Toilet = 3.75 / Waiting area = 87.40
Ladie's Toilet = 3.60 / Dentist 2 = 38.93

Thank's in advance

Sponsored Links
50p says you won't get anyone here to do your homework for you.

If you get stuck on a particular point, please feel free to ask again.

Most manufacturers will offer a free design service, as heating maunfacturers offer a storage heating design service.

Try your local wholesalers.

Sponsored Links
With christmas here am looking for all the help i can get on this subject due to time constraint's.

thank's all

You mean you didn't start soon enough and now you need other people to do some of your work or it won't be finished on time.....

Sham..your either doing a college course project or your not a truly qualified sparky..

Why do I say that..what your asking is a couple of hours work..perhaps half a day at most for a decent spark/engineer...

If your doing a college course, then I am afraid to say that you will learn nothing by getting others to do the work for you..and with respect to most here, this is a DIY forum not a professional one, although there are many competent members here and some qualified ones, this is not the correct forum for such discussions. However if you do the work, there is nothing to stop you asking others here to check it to see if your correct...but do it first yourself or you won't learn.

If your a tradesman and looking for a leg up as you have forgotten to do the design or cannot do the design..well tough..why should people here help you earn a living when you are either too lazy, disorganised or incompetent to do it yourself...

Thank's all, i have started the design work as you will notice i have got the area measurement from A1 plan, which is in scale 1cm to 50cm.

however the next stage is a bit complex and require's manufacture data which i need to obtain soon as. Then next to calculate maximum demand.

The project is for college guy's not to earn a living unfortunately.

Sham

sham said:
The project is for college guy's not to earn a living unfortunately.

Sham

in any case you dont learn by gettin someone else to do your work. do it yourself, and if you have any problems, then come back and ask our advice.

Thank's all

Waiting for lighting software so i can measure lumen for area.

Any sugestion how to get a copy from manufacture's as have tried but haven't recieved one, and any advice on lumen calculation?

sham said:
Thank's all

Waiting for lighting software so i can measure lumen for area.

Any sugestion how to get a copy from manufacture's as have tried but haven't recieved one, and any advice on lumen calculation?

You won't get anything from the manufacturers...they all use their own software and it is tailored to their lights, they guard it with their life..

Regarding the Lumen calculation...have you tried GOOGLE...??

http://www.lighting-technologies.com/Products/LumenDesigner/calculate.htm

http://www.ndlight.com.au/lighting_calculations.htm

And these are gems

http://www.cooper-ls.com/dg_ltgdesguide.html

http://www.guth.com/products/pdf/t12.pdf

http://www.hubbell-ltg.com/products/psgpage/technical/floodlighting_concepts.pdf

Thank's big_sparks, can you give me some example say for the first room,
which is the treatment room, area size 12.02 sq metres?

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back