designer towel radiator from ebay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
got a designer towel radiator from eBay which was very cheap. they said upfront that it was from a job lot of seconds some of which were rusty.

the outside is fine ( it looks fab) but there is rust flakes and dust inside the radiator and the thread for the valves seems a bit dodgy.

should i fit it on and hope for the best and put in a rust inhibitor?
should I flush it out and seal it some way before attaching it to the system or
is it a really bad idea attaching this rad?

all rads rust a bit inside no?

advice appreciated

best

tommy b.

Sponsored Links
Sounds very rusty to me too - some good advice would be not to buy cr@p off eBay cos it'll just cost you money.

Some constructive advice now - if you have a low-pressure vented system, and the rad is going upstairs, you might get away with it. You also might get away with putting it downstairs, although due to the effects of gravity on the water in your system the pressure will be higher so there will be more chance of it leaking. If the threads are knackered I wouldn't even consider putting it on a sealed, pressurised system.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back