Desperate times - Painting uPVC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well i cannot find any more excuses, its either spend £15k on new windows and doors or try and paint our brown ones to black.
Done it before for someone else using Zinsser grey primer and 2 coats of fortress matt. Been 4yrs since i last did them and they are still in good nick. Only problem I got is I cannot get any Zinsser anywhere near me in South Wales, having it delivered some people are charging exorbitant prices.
Has anyone ever painted Upvc windows just with 2 coats of fortress matt ? Is the the primer a must ?

Sponsored Links
First question, do they have to be black?

Can't you clean up the old ones with the appropriate uPVC cleaner?

If you are crazy enough to paint them, an appropriate primer and correct preparation is a must, or these things will be forever flaking/peeling.

I would look at having them sprayed. Lots of options across the uk and now a quality recognised finish. I will forward a contact I have and check the system out

Sponsored Links
Hi Boggie, as promised there will be someone near you doing this. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• F6D5B12D-6AC5-4EBD-8B2D-4951E0B2D17A.png
    F6D5B12D-6AC5-4EBD-8B2D-4951E0B2D17A.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 134

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back