Detached Garage Electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A detached garage is approx 20m away from the main house at the end of a driveway. If power is supplied from the main house via an armoured cable, must the cable be buried? Can the cable be run on the deck along the side of the driveway and open to the elements? I appreciate I need proper components at both house and garage, but its just the positioning of the cable I'm querying.
Cheers All.

Sponsored Links
@motorbiking while ESQR regs are very laudable, do they apply to the DIYer who wants to throw a bit of SWA down his garden?
Check out the first chapter:

Application of Regulations
2.—(1) Except as provided for in paragraph (2), in so far as these Regulations apply to any generator, distributor, supplier or meter operator, they shall also apply to any agent, contractor or sub-contractor of his acting on his behalf in relation to a matter which is the subject of these Regulations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back