quote after EICR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
3 bed detatched house set well back from the road with a TNS supply. Adiabatic tells me 10mm main earth ok. there is a detached garage at the front of the property near to the drive entrance about 20 metre away and a few years ago a gas supply was installed using the detached garage for the meter and a gas supply buried for 20 metres entering the house for its various needs. The garage is supplied electrically from the main cu via a buried 3 core 6mm submain. There is no main bonding anywhere. I will bond the water supply and i will bond the gas supply in the garage. my question is, do i need to bond the gas as it enters the house?even though i will bond as it enters the garage The earth is exported to the garage via 6mm swa conductor and proven armour conductor.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Yes
reg 411.3.1.2
states where an installation serves more than one building the requirements for bonding is made to each building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back