DETECTOR NOT PICKING UP...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Scantronic 500r alarm system quite old however recently I had noticed that when we walked in the No1 PIR was not picking us up. I removed it to change the batteries this set off the system, changed the batteries & red light was flickering while refitting. However it is not flashing when installed or picking us up. Any ideas would gratefully be received or does it just need replacing. Thank you...

Sponsored Links
Thank you, however do you mean the front screen or do I need to remove the lense from inside the unit?

Is the lens a white one or opaque.....? As the white ones go brittle over time and cloud up ....easy way to prove this is swop the front with a known working detector ....

Sponsored Links
Thanks again, the front cover/lense is white but I tried to remove the insides by removing one small screw at the top buut I met resistance from the bottom section so didn't push it. Should this part come away easily?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back