Determind R1+R2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When installing a new CU, is it ok to determind R1+R2 by Zs-Ze? Is that ok to write it on EIC?

Sponsored Links
No, not at all.

You must measure R1+R2, you can calculate Zs but not R1+R2.
Either that or measure R2 and verify polarity by other methods.

Sorry to butt in.
If it prooves difficult to measure Ze, ( for difficult I mean potentially dangerous for flat above, and sorry to keep going on about the flat above) is it sufficient to use the "by enquiry" value. This is for my assesment and I want to get everything just right.

Yes, it's acceptable to use figures from enquiry (0.35ohms PME, 0.8ohms TNS).
If you can't isolate the supply to remove equipotential bonding whilst carrying out a Ze test then you have no other option.

Sponsored Links
If you do use the calculated Ze then you still need to test the loop impedance to verify the DNO has not made a mistake and failed to connect it.

Spark123 said:
If you do use the calculated Ze then you still need to test the loop impedance to verify the DNO has not made a mistake and failed to connect it.

Agreed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back