Determined to fix my damp problem under new flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had new EPDM roof installed last year. Since installation we have had some issues with damp on walls under part of the roof.

I have had roofer back and been on roof with him but we can not find any fault with installation.

My thoughts have now turned to the parapet wall (urgh) which is uncapped and had some work and a coat of render applied at same time.

In order to test if the wall is the issue I was thinking of capping it with a DPC (or maybe felt?) running along the top clamped down with G-Clamps and battons. If this solves it then a cap will be permanently fitted.

Good idea? Any issues that this temporary capping could cause?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Actually (thinking on the go here!) ... I will probably screw down in a couple of places rather than batton/clamp to ensure a nice big overhang onto the roof and keeping the drips well away from the wall.

Sponsored Links
You're not the first person to say that!

Don't know now why I just didn't asked the roofers to lose it when we had the flat roof done.

Thanks for replying

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back