DEVIREG 550.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have Deviger 550 thermostats in every room and I have noticed that during a power cut some of them present a flashing ring with NO fault code. All the programming seems to have been retained apart from the clock time which reverts to 00. If the button is held in and the clock set to correct time the thermostat works ok. Any ideas on this and also how to change the rechargable battery. Thank you all.

Sponsored Links
I had a quick scan through Google too.
None of the articles mentioned a replaceable battery - I suspect it is possibly a lithium cell soldered on to the PCB.
OP, how comfortable are you with dismantling electronics?
Otherwise, you may have to live with the error for every power cut (hopefully rare! :confused:) or get a new DEVIreg touch?

Yup,
It's a soldered on Lithium cell (non-rechargeable):
Screenshot_20211024-122328_YouTube.jpg
You can see it @5:00 mins in this video (not in English but you get the gist! :))

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
1.4 Changing Battery

• The backup battery saves clock settings when the mains supply is o .

• The battery recharges automatically when the mains sup- ply is on and does not normally need to be changed.

1.4 Changing Battery

• The backup battery saves clock settings when the mains supply is o .

• The battery recharges automatically when the mains sup- ply is on and does not normally need to be changed.
I should have said 'looks like' a non-rechargeable soldered on lithium cell. It could easily be a Li-Mn cell that is rechargeable, but impossible to say without removing the battery.
Given the expected lifetime of these products and the 'non-user replaceable' nature of the battery, I doubt it would matter whether it was rechargeable or not (How often do we need to change the CR2032 in a PC)!

From 'Fault finding' section of the manual

The clock and weekday have not been set

Set the clock and weekday. This error usually appears:

If the thermostat has been
• unplugged from the supply voltage for more than 4 days and the backup battery is depleted
• If the thermostat is unplugged from the power supply, and the backup battery has not accumulated enough power (takes approx. 16 hours)

My italics.

From 'Fault finding' section of the manual

The clock and weekday have not been set

Set the clock and weekday. This error usually appears:

If the thermostat has been
• unplugged from the supply voltage for more than 4 days and the backup battery is depleted
• If the thermostat is unplugged from the power supply, and the backup battery has not accumulated enough power (takes approx. 16 hours)

My italics.
My apologies :)
Definitely rechargeable, but assuming it has been continuously connected to the supply, also probably definitely dead!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back