DeWalt 14v Drill Driver losing power

Sponsored Links
Google battery shocking , there's even a thread on this forum about it from a few years ago posted from a Canadian I seem to remember . Not guaranteed but then you've nothing to lose.

Hi all

Just been doing a bit of research on replacement batteries and those from the branded makes are expensive. However i found these on ebay, they appear to be copied versions. Has anyone used these and if so are they any good? £23 for 14.4v battery at 3.0 Amps seems a great deal.

I may just go ahead and purchase it, as there isnt any negative feedback on them considering they have sold a lot. £23 isnt risking too much money, just hope it doesnt destroy my drill driver lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271792348301?redirect=mobile

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
i bought the 18v version from a different company 2 for £62 one was ok at probably around 2.5ah the other after several cycles was still around 0.2ah so useless

Sponsored Links
Workmate won't have a word said against dewalt - even when he's constantly let down by the kit.
Batteries?
Goes through them for fun - especially the ebay bargains.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

I'll stick to Makita and Milwaukee thank you.

Just an update lads...and lasses

....i received the 14.4v 3amp cheap version of battery of Ebay today, charged it for an hour, put it in dewalt drill and drill exploded

.....nah just kidding, but seriously, got the battery today, used it in drill driver to put up a few fence panels and i am very surprised at how powerful it is! I dont recall the originals ever generating this much power! but this is only the first day, so will have to see how it performs over the next few days and weeks.

I shall post update in a few weeks time to let you know how the "cheaper" batteries perform.

thanks for taking the time to give feedback really appreciated
thats what makes it all worth it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back