1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Dewalt Cordless Jigsaw comparison

Discussion in 'Tools and Materials' started by markyb555, 6 Nov 2018.

1. markyb555

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    After the Lidl cordless Jigsaw fail I experienced where the base plate bent (which I've used others that hasnt seemed to have) I admitted defeat and want to go for the Dewalt.
    Will be used for working on site cutting trunking, tray and panel work mostly with the majority of it used for DIY use at home.
    I have a cordless drill which has really served me well so far and I will be purchasing some 4 ah batteries along with the brushless grinder again having been stung on the lidl cordless grinder that nearly instantly died.
    My question, is the newer Dewalt Brushless Jigsaw worth nearly double the extra for longevity being the newer power tool or is the older brushed version at just under £100 a steal st the moment?

2. big-all

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    i would go for the older version as the new one is prerelease so wont be available till early to mid new years
    after perhaps 6 months available competition will kick in and the price will drop perhaps 10-15% a year further on it will be perhaps 20-25% then the real deals will kick off :D

https://www.powertoolsuk.co.uk/dewalt-dcs334nt-jigsaw.html
    spoke to the dewalt tool reps at sandown tool fair last friday and sander router jigsaw body jigsaw will all be random probably feb to sept but fairly fluid and open ended and constantly changing

Last edited: 6 Nov 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. SammyInnit

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The DeWalt DCS331 is a dog of a jigsaw and if I was given one for nothing I'd sell it to get something else.

I'd much sooner pay the extra and wait for the newer DeWalt if it had to be a DeWalt. I believe there's a barrel grip version coming too, as if people haven't waited long enough for one. If not I'd look at a Makita or Bosch.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. big-all

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Last edited: 6 Nov 2018
  5. big-all

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    i have the old old 18v 933 and its a cracking jigsaw crabs a bit but very accurate if you just follow the blade and not the body

6. markyb555

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for your input.

If I'm honest with you, I completely missed that the new brushless version is on pre order only!
    I'm not set on dewalt but it makes more sense for me to try and keep the same batteries. I currently have a lidl multi tool and impact driver which so far has been OK for DIY use. Looking back maybe I should have spent that little bit extra to get the dewalt but its done now and don't owe me much after using both to board my loft out earlier this year.