Lidl Parkside cordless 20v jigsaw disaster

Blimy , you lot on here must really put boot in on your tools , i been trade all my life , recently retired, same tools, never burnt one out or bent tool shoes ever , you must be vandals !

I'm not a dosser either.

Sponsored Links
Blimy , you lot on here must really put boot in on your tools , i been trade all my life , recently retired, same tools, never burnt one out or bent tool shoes ever , you must be vandals !
Either that or you just don't use them as much some others! Some tools do die early, but some don't. My first drill (Stanley-Bridges) was no longer acceptible when we went to 110 volt on site. My first Bosch SDS (bought 1981) did 20 years and only got replaced when the odd-shaped capacitor went pffft! and I couldn't source a spare, however its' replacement was 3-function (not two), had reversing, was more than twice as powerful, faster and was lighter to boot. A lot of tools get better and even HMRC allow you to write-off tools after 5 years (if you are limited). My current corded jigsaw will run rings round my first Bosch model. And if you've been using the same cordlesses for 20-odd years, then you'd be amazed at some of the stuff around nowadays. Times move on, the job changes and tools (generally) get better

as an aside
i bought the bosch blue 10.8/12v jigsaw about 5 years ago more to do with lighter kit as i have the heavier for industrial use kit composed from dewalt and ryobi kit
now i cut a perhaps 18mm by 45mm notch from oak it was 100% flat strait and level when checked with a square
was this skill well no it was cut free hand from only 2 marks as accuracy wasnt important it was just to fit around an architrave profile on a shelve
now off course i do have a natural eye most off the time but often not :D
but any way the point i am making is the jigsaw must be 100% accurate if not a bit more (y)

same (mains ) power tools not battery tools, as the chemistry of cell would not allow them to run that long, I just converted them, to "mains" using an old computer PSU , for use in shed .

Sponsored Links
same (mains ) power tools not battery tools
But even there things change and get better (mostly). I still have my old Elu MOF98 1/2in router from c.1982. It's 110v, it works, but against the current tool I use it's big, heavy (unwieldy), is single speed (almost all current 1/2in routers are variable speed), has a poor fence system and no dust extraction. That's why it got replaced. A lot of tools have similarly been replaced by faster/more accurate/cleaner/lighter/smoother tools over the years. I keep that router (and a number of old tools) only as a backup these days.

As i said, old doesn't necessarily mean good. So why keep heavy, poorly performing tools? Do you have Yorkshire blood or something? :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
But even there things change and get better (mostly). I still have my old Elu MOF98 1/2in router from c.1982. It's 110v, it works, but against the current tool I use it's big, heavy (unwieldy), is single speed (almost all current 1/2in routers are variable speed), has a poor fence system and no dust extraction. That's why it got replaced. A lot of tools have similarly been replaced by faster/more accurate/cleaner/lighter/smoother tools over the years, I keep that router (and a number of old tools) only as a backup these days.

As i said, old doesn't necessarily mean good. So why keep heavy, poorly performing tools? Do you have Yorkshire blood or something? :whistle:

Excuse me !! Next you'll be claiming 50p's are shaped the way they are to facilitate the use of a spanner to get them out of a Yorkshiremans hand!

Excuse me !! Next you'll be claiming 50p's are shaped the way they are to facilitate the use of a spanner to get them out of a Yorkshiremans hand!
Pardon me! I thought that was the reason for the serrations round the edges of pound coins - to give Yorkshiremen greater grip.....:sneaky:

I bought the loftzone kit and fitted it last year. I still need to get round to finishing touches like a “landing zone”.

I had to trim a few of the metal U-channels and used Tin snips to cut to the desired shape or size. Never occurred to me to try a jigsaw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back