DeWalt saw blade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got an old circular saw & just removed blade to replace it. Can somebody correctly identify it or tell me what i can use instead please. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20230529_154029.jpg
    IMG_20230529_154029.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
It says on the blade that it is a thin kerf (2.2mm), 16mm bore blade. It has 18 teeth, so it's probably a rip blade, and I'd hazard a guess that it is 184mm diameter, given that 160/165mm blades 9generally have 20mm bores, and the next most common size, 190mm, invariably have 30mm bores.

So I'll plump for it being a 184mm x 16mm bore 18 tooth rip blade with a 2.2mm kerf. Assuming that your saw is fitted with a riving knife, you will need either a 2.2mm kerf blade, or one with a slightly bigger kerf because a thinner kerf blade will probably cause the riving knife to jam in the cut

The closest DW blade I can find is the DT-1938 QZ, which is 184 x 16mm 18 tooth but that one has a kerf of 2.8mm and is designed for corded tools. If your saw haz no riving knife you can probably go for something like the DT-10302 QZ which is a 184 x 16mm 24 tooth blade with a 1.65mm kerf, but as I say this is only if your saw does not have a riving knife

A viable alternative might be a Saxton TCT18520TFTG20B which is a flat top tooth (i.e. ripping blade) like your existing blade, and is a 185 x 20mm 20 tooth 2.2mm kerf blade and is supplied with a blade washer so that it can be used on your saw. Saxton blades are reasonable quality at a reasonable price, I've found

It says on the blade that it is a thin kerf (2.2mm), 16mm bore blade. It has 18 teeth, so it's probably a rip blade, and I'd hazard a guess that it is 184mm diameter, given that 160/165mm blades 9generally have 20mm bores, and the next most common size, 190mm, invariably have 30mm bores.

So I'll plump for it being a 184mm x 16mm bore 18 tooth rip blade with a 2.2mm kerf. Assuming that your saw is fitted with a riving knife, you will need either a 2.2mm kerf blade, or one with a slightly bigger kerf because a thinner kerf blade will probably cause the riving knife to jam in the cut

The closest DW blade I can find is the DT-1938 QZ, which is 184 x 16mm 18 tooth but that one has a kerf of 2.8mm and is designed for corded tools. If your saw haz no riving knife you can probably go for something like the DT-10302 QZ which is a 184 x 16mm 24 tooth blade with a 1.65mm kerf, but as I say this is only if your saw does not have a riving knife

A viable alternative might be a Saxton TCT18520TFTG20B which is a flat top tooth (i.e. ripping blade) like your existing blade, and is a 185 x 20mm 20 tooth 2.2mm kerf blade and is supplied with a blade washer so that it can be used on your saw. Saxton blades are reasonable quality at a reasonable price, I've found
Cheers JobAndKnock, excuse my ignorance but what's a riving knife? Mine is corded btw

Cheers JobAndKnock, excuse my ignorance but what's a riving knife? Mine is corded btw
A riving knife is a fin-like protruberence which sits behind the saw blade to prevent kickbacks TBH not very common on smaller portable rip saws due to their limited power output

Sponsored Links
As above, the riving knife exists to prevent the previously cut timber closing behind the blade and grabbing the blade (hence the kickback mentioned above).

I have a plunge/track saw, I took the riving knife off years ago. Most of the time I am cutting sheet materials so there is little risk of kickback. When I do long cuts on timber worktops I put wedges into the cut line to reduce the risk of it closing.

I removed my riving knife to enable me to plunge cut out for hobs/etc in worktops and never bothered refitting it. The newer version of my saw has a riving knife that automatically retracts when doing plunge cuts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back