DHW Temperature Displayed on Boiler While Tap Running

Sponsored Links
There is a reason why a boiler we are looking to supply doesn't have a user display.
Whereas I get your point, I recently bought a Baxi EcoBlue Advance heat only boiler to avoid the 'all in one case' set-up for my unvented system and was astonished to get nothing more than an inaccurately looking plastic wheel to control boiler temperature. Even just a led temperature indicator would have been a bonus.

In the interests of this thread not devolving into yet another slanging match :sneaky:...

If you have an inkling of doubt about the behaviour of your unit, even after your installer's attempts to reassure you, then you are entitled to a second opinion and should call a Vaillant technician in. Explain your intention to your installer and try to keep it all friendly because your main concern is identifying a "possible factory fault" which "might" affect your warranty if left unreported! It might end up costing you for a callout but peace of mind sometimes comes with a price tag!

Thanks dilalio, sound advice IMO.

Recently got back from being away and during that time the boiler had been switched off, since returning and switching back on the boiler for some reason has been working great and as I would have expected it should. How this has come about I don't know, unless the switching on and off has performed some sort of a reset?

So for now I feel sure calling out Vaillant would be a complete waste of time if it appears to be working as it should, so would expect a charge if a visit at present was requested. I do take note of what you say though regards to leaving a possible fault unreported, which I would not have done anyway. If at any time a supposedly fault does re-occur, I will without doubt call them out and if charged for time wasting so be it, as you say it may come with a price tag but will at least hopefully give me peace of mind. Thanks again (y)

Sponsored Links
If there is any problem with a boiler that have installed I like the owner to call to discuss with me first. Many are caused by the user setting inappropriate control positions or not topping up the pressure which is a user function.

I saw a three year old boiler last week which had been ruined because the owner had not realised the broken rainwater downpipe discharging all over the flue was spoiling it.

She seemed to think the rainwater pipe being broken was not something to bother about getting repaired.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back