Vaillant Ecofit pure display radiator symbol on when central heating off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an EcoFIT pure boiler and have not yet turned on our central heating at the main control but the display on our boiler shows the radiator and tap symbols on permanently. I've never paid much attention to the boiler display before so I'm not sure if it's always been like this, but from what I can find so far online I thought these symbols only turned on when the central heating was on or when a hot water tap was actually currently in use.

Does the fact these symbols are always on mean we've got a problem with our boiler? Could there be a leak in the system?

Also we currently have the flow temps for the hot water set to 60 degrees and for the radiators set to 70 degrees. The temperature on the display is permanently around 66 degrees. Does this mean the boiler is constantly heating up to the radiator temperature?

I've attached a picture of the boiler display as well as our hot water/central heating control panel.

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_5198.JPG
    IMG_5198.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_5197.JPG
    IMG_5197.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 161
Sponsored Links
Is that the ecofit Combi boiler or not? You have the programmer set to continuous, so this will keep the cylinder hot at whatever the temperature is set to on the cylinder thermostat. The 66 is the temperature at the boiler.

Is that the ecofit Combi boiler or not? You have the programmer set to continuous, so this will keep the cylinder hot at whatever the temperature is set to on the cylinder thermostat.

Yes it's a combi boiler.

We called a plumber out last winter as our boiler pressure dropped suddenly and he changed the hot water setting on the programmer to continuous and told us we should keep it at that. What should the settings be set to?

I'm not sure what you mean by cylinder thermostat as I thought there were two different temperature target settings for the hot water and for the heating?

My question was more about why it's at 66 if the target temp for hot water is only 60 and the heating is not turned on at the programmer.

Sponsored Links
Right ok, so I gave some mixed messages because I wasn’t sure if you had a Combi or not, so disregard the comment about a cylinder thermostat. The programmer set to continuous hot water is completely irrelevant - you have a Combi which is done when you open a hot tap. The 66 is the temperature at the boiler - nothing else. You might have a link left in, I suggest you call another plumber or get you original installer back. The programmer should only be used now for the heating, but if it’s wired to the switch live inside then it could be sending a false signal for demand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back