DHW Whole House Pumps - Shower Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed two Techflow single ended Negative Head pumps in the loft. One pump is serving hot water from the cylinder to all domestic taps, two showers and a bath.
The other pump is serving cold from the feed tank in the loft to the two showers. I have observed the minimum of 300mm between the bottom of the cold feed water tank and pump inlets. I have installed a Techflange in the hot cylinder and an anti-gravity loop.
The hot water to all taps is great, no problem but I have a problem with the hot water pump switching off after a while in each shower resulting in the shower going suddenly cold. I have thermostatic mixer valves and I have removed the non-return valves from both mixer valve on the recommendation of the manufacturer.
I suspect that this may be something to do with the thermostatic mixer valves. Can anyone shine any light on what the problem might be?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back