DI cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just removed my 15yr cooker hood the cable from fcu to c/h has live neutral and earth but my new c/h only has live and neutral as it is double insulated, do I replace the old cable if so with what or do I earth the c/h if so how plz help and thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Your new hood doesn't need an earth.

Just terminate the green/yellow in a connector block and position safely.
Do not cut it.

What do you mean By terminate the earth, Do you mean putting it in a spare place on choc block/junction box if so the one that there connected to are all full, will I need to buy a new block.

I don't follow.

If you are using the same cable you will have three wires and two connections in the hood.
Put the earth wire in a separate connector block and position safely.

If the hood has a cable supplied you will only have two wires, L & N, to connect to the FCU.

Sponsored Links
I don't follow.
I guess it's probably another case of electrician-speak using 'everyday words' in a manner which (even if covered by dictionary definitions) is unfamiliar to most people in terms of 'everyday usage'. The general public do use 'terminate' transitively in relation to 'terminating' abstract things like contracts and relationships, but rarely in relation to physical objects (wires, conductors, pipes etc.).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back