Di

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just watching the lady Di memorial thing on the telly (whilst I eat my lunch, not cos I'm all that interested!) funny to see all them people in the church looking bored and uncomfortable and only there cos they feel they should be, for appearances sake, whilst all those that really care are outside, I think the royals are hoping it will put an end to all the Di worshipers thinking the royals are bad, and make folk think that they are a caring lot of wot wot wots.
BBC doing a sterling job of promoting the royal family.

p.s i'm sure her two boys care and sir cliff and sir elton.

Sponsored Links
Richardp said:
Just watching the lady Di memorial - funny to see all them people in the church looking bored and uncomfortable
:rolleyes: you can see that on any sunday in any church :rolleyes:

I for one could not give a tinkers cuss

she was a nasty little wotsit then and should not be deified now

dont really understand what its all about really. spoilt my mums birthday then and it has now as well, all doom and gloom. still not as bad as my brothers which is on 11th september!

Sponsored Links
I remember getting up before 7 the morning after, looked across the fields to see which way the wind was blowing, saw a Union Jack at half-mast and naturally assumed the QM had snuffed it. I didn't even bother turning on the radio to listen to the news.

JohnD said:
saw a Union Jack at half-mast and naturally assumed the QM had snuffed it

Similar here! Funny how it's one of those moments you always remember. I woke up, turned on the TV, and Tony Blair was in the middle of a speech saying "she was a wonderful, wonderful woman" and I thought it was the Queen Mother too...

I also vividly remember the funeral, a bunch of us were watching it at a mate's house and accidentally got very stoned - when the lads bearing the coffin were stumbling a bit Beth said "bl**dy hell, I hope they don't drop 'er" and we giggled for ages, then Elton's overactive eyebrow sent us into fits of laughter....

Seriously though, as royals go she was the best, much better than Charles ever deserved (still, he's got that now...)

my bro got married the day before she snuffed it, great way to remember his anniversary!

corgiman said:

I am surprised to see such a statement from you of all people. We all have views, but it's bad form to speak ill of the dead. Nobody is perfect, but I doubt "nasty" would be an appropriate word. Nowhere near as nasty as some who post here (not meaning you btw).

oilman said:
corgiman said:

I am surprised to see such a statement from you of all people. We all have views, but it's bad form to speak ill of the dead. Nobody is perfect, but I doubt "nasty" would be an appropriate word. Nowhere near as nasty as some who post here (not meaning you btw).

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. So as well as the sycophantic worshippers, you get the people who are overly cruel. No need. If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all.

seems to be an all-day rerun of the funeral day broadcast on the Parliament channel today.

oilman said:
corgiman said:

Well it could be down to the fact that I cant stand any of the german parasites

Paint me red and call me Comrade ;) And I hate the way they have turned a spoilt aristo into some kind of god!

Mother teresa died the day after Di and I for one think that was a woman who desveres this kind of rememberance.

As for not speaking ill of the dead can I still say that I thibk Hitler was a barsteward

;)

Diana was not German, she was a Spencer.

I agree about the pathetic deification, but she is still "mum" to her two boys.

I think Mother Teresa could have had a bit more publicity, but as Diana did, Mother Teresa did what she wanted to do. I don't see anybody should get adulation for something they wanted to do.

Hitler? I agree with you, now he WAS nasty!!, but Diana nasty? Well you can't use the same word to describe both of them unless you are doing a softus and using the Humpty Dumpty approach.

Me Softus!!!!!!!!! No

I was using hitler as proof you can speak ill of the dead :)

as for Di you are right she was nasty just a a rich priviledged woman who liked to get her own way ALOT, but she was a mum and no one should lose their mums at such a young age but it happens to lots of people and we dont have great big services for them do we?

corgiman said:
...it happens to lots of people and we dont have great big services for them do we?

Most of us aren't in Showbiz.

Sponsored Links
Back