Diamond Core Drill and Plaster mixer in one??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I am probably on a road to nowhere here, but does anybody know of a drill that can be used for mixing plaster etc and core drilling? We do a bit of each job, but the space and cost that two single drills take-up seems a bit unreasonable for us based on our usuage levels!

Any help warmly welcomed!

Kind regards,

James

Sponsored Links
If you have a variable speed with hammer feature it would best low slow speed for core drilling and straight slow medium with mixing auger for plaster , although a straight variable would get you by
I presume you are using a 5 gallon bucket

I use the same drill for mixing plaster,core drilling, and chiselling . It's a cheapish b&q job. I've done about ten 110mm holes, and mixed tonnes and tonnes of plaster with it, and it's still going strong. It dose take ages to do the core drilling tho, as the ratchet keeps kicking in.

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/details.php?cat=Diamond Core Drilling Machines&product=30187

i use the one above.im a sparks though,never mixed plaster with it but at 1400 watts it will be fine.a lot cheaper these days,i paid well over 400 quid for mine(four years ago)regulary give it a good hiding doing 4 and 6 inch holes and its never been in for repair.the most robust power
tool i ever owned.

beware the cheaper 8406 in screwfix.its only 850 watts and would struggle to meet the demands i place on mine.

Sponsored Links
Yes that's quite agood drill, I had one for a few years, but the clutch got stuck dangerously, my hand was nealr broken up a ladder, and my mate was chinned. So I had the clutch fixed which involved a whole housing, six months later it was sticking again and we went back to geting chinned.

So I bought a Hilti DD130.

good point,that permanently on switch thing is dangerously close to the trigger,use the bottom half of the switch for normal operation,trust me,if the clutch packs up or the switch goes on,you aint strong enough to control it.

never use it up a ladder,tower or platform only

The Hilti clutch has proved totally reliable, but should it stick the handle where it joins the body is on a toothed sprung mechanism which is an back up emergency clutch.

I find whatever the job, the people who design the Hilti to do it have obviously done the job themselves.

jesus you can say that again(dont)!

you only got to look at how old some hilti tools are on site and still going strong.

next time one of my bosch drills dies i will upgrade.i always have two of these cos they seem to work fine and then destroy themselves at the worst possible times

It was after killing a bosch sds drill on a job that I said to myself, "I make these holes for a living, the drills I use are all wrecked by it, I'll buy a drill that can take the work"

That was my first hilti a te72 its main roll in life is to drill 22mm holes for me, which it does through anywall effortlessly in about 30 seconds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back