Diaphragm for a Worcester CDi24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I believe that I need a new diaphragm for my Worcester combi boiler as I can only get hot water when the heating is on.

I believe that the part number of the diverter valve is 8 716 142 401 0. When I took this to a local merchant they said I needed the specific part number of the diaphragm itself. I can't seem to find this in the instructions. Would I be right in thinking that these are universal?

Any assistance would be appreciated,

Terry

Sponsored Links
That part has now been superceded by part no 87161567460
Phone worcester technical helpline and they will give you the correct number.

You can't easily buy just the diaphragm for this boiler as they want you to buy the whole diverter valve. I think that the one for the Ariston Eurocombi is the same though, and the larger stockists will sell you that one.

I would say they are not universal. I would suggest you call Worcester tech and ask them. A GOOD parts supplier would look this up and find the diaphragm without the part no though.

I do not repair worcesters as they can be very awkward to work on. I have been told that you have to replace the entire dv but I cannot believe this is so. Should be around £10 for diaphragm. Try your local parts center.

Sponsored Links
Phone gas appliance spares on 01772702755 ... give them your boiler GC code 4731130 and ask for a diaphragm kit also get an O ring kit part number 7716192207 .. phone by about 4pm and parts will be with you tomorrow.. Not the easiest job for a diyer best get someone in as they are a pain to do but if you do it yourself change O rings on heat exchanger connections before you refit

Its a standard giannoni universal diaphragm kit, will come with all the o rings, silicon grease and washers you need aswell. Get yourself a draper right angled screwdriver aswell and you won't need to take the diverter valve out.

Ollski not all diaphragm kits come like the BG one with the O rings these need to be ordered seperate

I have heard before that Worcester do not list only a diaphragm or repair kit as a spare part. Presumably hoping you will buy the whole unit.

And experienced boiler engineer will know and probably carry a similar spare part to use on worcesters so that seems a rather short sighted attitude at Worcester.

I have always been impressed by the kits for Vokera boilers for having lots of bits in them.

Tony

Guys,

Thanks for all the advice, I'm a little lost as to whether or not there is a kit available, can anyone give me a definative answer?

Once again cheers, it's appreciated

T

I replaced a DV on one of these last week (see post in Trade Talk for a laugh). Asked at parts center for a service kit like Vokera do but was told only full valve available. I'd be interested to see the diaphragm being changed without removing the DV.

I'd replace the whole unit if I were you. Would be a right pain in the arse if after you have put it all back that you found the diaphragm wasn't seated properly or a bit of crap got stuck when draining and caused it to let-by.

yes diaphragm kit is avialable which is why i went to trouble of putting a phone number on for you and told you what else to ask for.. I have had 2 in the past month but can`t remember exact part number but they will bring it up with the GC number you give them

Solo parts centre do the diaphragm as well as i know someone who got one 3 weeks ago mind you they paid 35 quid a opposed to the 6 quid i paid..

solo said:
I replaced a DV on one of these last week (see post in Trade Talk for a laugh). Asked at parts center for a service kit like Vokera do but was told only full valve available. I'd be interested to see the diaphragm being changed without removing the DV.

takes half the time without removing DV. right angle screwdriver is all you need to get the diaphragm out really. ive got it down to well under an hour if there are no leaks afterwards

Also have changed them in situ without removing valve, a couple of screws are bit awkward and you need good access under it. You need to line it up spot on when putting back together to make sure diaphragm doesn`t move and leak.. Hate doing these diaphragms no matter what way

Unless you can be sure you will get a reliable tradesman such as namsag or nickso who know what they are doing with worcesters I would get Worcester in on a fixed price repair. I run a mile when I get a call for a worcester breakdown :oops: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back