diaphram

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any ideas how much to change a diaphram in a biasi combi. we have been quoted 600.00 thanks

Sponsored Links
I'll do it for £595. I'll come NOW!

Normal callout plus a cheapish part. Under £100 easily, surely. Which biasi?

There is something wrong with £600 !

We charge £106 inclusive to diagnose the actual fault and replace the diaphragm if thats the problem. That includes a service and performance check!

Last month he said:-

"""what is the best way to drain a prisma combi boiler so i can repressure the air also the boiler still sounds active when there is no heating or hot water being called for"""

There seem to be other issues with his boiler than the diaphragm!!!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I charge less (by half) to change the gaskets on an old baxi bbu. In fact the last gasket change costed my customer 112 notes.

Id appreciate your opinion on gasket changes Tony.

Seems daft to replace a whole boiler when a quid piece of rubber will save it.

David

I dont have any opinion on BBU gaskets. Should I ?

I assume you mean the gasket between top and lower parts? Sounds like a hard days work to me!

Any boiler repair is just that, a repair! I dont see any problem in replacing boiler gaskets. I have done it on an old 180,000 BTU Potty Diplomat ! ( Mud plates and manifold, not section seals !!! )

I used to cut it out myself but have lost touch with the suppliers of the flat gasket material if they still exist. I would probably use a bit of inner tube if I had to do a small one now.

Tony

premierfc said:
any ideas how much to change a diaphram in a biasi combi. we have been quoted 600.00 thanks
Two screws on front boiler casing,2 screws on control panel,2 forks on pipes,2 bolts holding actuator to diverter valve and 8 screws holding actuator together........just done one that took 20 mins + £6 for diaphragm + £594 labour :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I wish

0003145hr8.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back