Did I lay this patio correctly?

It's gotta be wet cement on hardcore, a dry mix wouldn't work . And don't dot and dab as they rock over time I guess this can be mixed on a piece of woodor barrow if it's only an inch thick. Would u agree?

Yes 4:1 mix of sand/cement with water. Mixing it with a shovel on a large sheet of ply or an old sheet of timber is absolutely fine I have done it many times. If you have a large area to do though (other than pictured) it may make sense to get a mixer.

Sponsored Links
Yes 4:1 mix of sand/cement with water. Mixing it with a shovel on a large sheet of ply or an old sheet of timber is absolutely fine I have done it many times. If you have a large area to do though (other than pictured) it may make sense to get a mixer.
If you used railway sleepers do you run lots under the shed floor or just round edges and did you put the wooden shed floor directly on patio stones?

My shed is 10 ft long by 8ft wide. I had 5 x 9ft long sleepers so I had the lovely job of taking a foot of each one without a chainsaw.

I laid all 5 equally apart onto level slabs, with the shed then on top.of the sleepers. The height of the sleepers means there's no chance of rats or mice nesting below. After being covered in oil for years and years they will outlive me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back