did you know?

B

breezer

here is one for you.

Did you know that "Father Christmas" was origonally dressed in Green.
Coca-Cola didnt like that, as it didn't suit them for their ads, so they made him wear red, and he has done ever since.

dont believe me? watch tv next sturday

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
watch tv next sturday
What programme is it breezer ? I can't wait that long :LOL:

Also did you know this as breezer got me going ;)

The first Christmas Tree came to England in 1841, when Prince Albert (Queen Victoria’s German husband) had a Christmas Tree set up in Windsor Castle. Ever since then, when the Christmas Tree became fashionable, Christmas Trees are part of a British Christmas.

Sponsored Links
jasy said:
There is no Father Christmas......................yawn
That's a very good point - here we are discussing whether FC has always worn red/green, when in fact we all know that he is normally wearing pyjamas or boxers whilst trying to dump a bag of presents in their offspring's bedroom, made more difficult by having already started the Xmas day booze!

agreed, we all know that at 0100 on xmas mornind, whilst ****ed as a newt, we are struggling to do the decent thing. So WHO cares what we are wearing..............sorry, i know you care sweety pie ;)

i know exactly what father xmas lookes like
he has black hair going grey he is a few stone over weight he is of scottish desent he is about fifty only wearing boxer shorts and likes ouzo whisky and cider

what does your father or mother xmas look like [in the mirror] :D :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

jasy said:
There is no Father Christmas......................yawn

Well IF there is no Father Christmas, then who brings all the presents? :rolleyes: And who eats the mince pies, and where does the reindeer come from who crunches on the carrot we leave out for him?

See, you can't explain it. So neurgh!

And if you wonder how you can use the key in the wrong lock, do you wonder how a credit card can be used to open some locks? They don't fit in the keyhole.

I have wondered though, I usually get some DVDs amongst my Christmas presents, so does that mean Santa has a bootlegging and pirating operation going?

Also, with several million tots of brandy in him, should he really be driving a sled?

breezer said.

Did you know that "Father Christmas" was origonally dressed in Green.
Coca-Cola didnt like that, as it didn't suit them for their ads, so they made him wear red, and he has done ever since

Wasn't coke originally green?

david and julie said:
Wasn't coke originally green?

coca-cola was actually invented and sold as "a tonic for the brain" because it really did have "coke" in it, but it has always been the colour it is now (or at least close to it)

And wasn't ketchup intended to be a stomach-settler?

AdamW said:
And wasn't ketchup intended to be a stomach-settler?
don't know anbout that one, but heinz did make GREEN ketchup about 2-3 years ago

Sponsored Links
Back