Dietrich Oven Steamer - DOV399x

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My steam no longer detects water level in water cartridge. Cartridge is clean as are pipes through to heater element.
Float in cartridge moves freely. Water pump works but wont kick in since machine thinks water cartridge is empty.
Im unclear how level is detected from the float - anyone know? Any suggestions as to how I can fix this fault much appreciated
Mike

Sponsored Links
If it help anyone Ive answered my own question. Below the float is a magnet. On the case that the water cartridge goes into there is, on the inside of the machine a card with 4 Reed switches. As the magnet on the float goes up and down the magnet switches the reed switches and thats how the water level is detected.
In my case the magnet has lost its magnetism - hence the reed switches think the water container is empty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back