Difference between woodcare brush & emulsion brush? (I)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, everyone, please excuse my novice in this area, because I got so many questions that need you guys to help me!

This is only my part I of my questions, i will post the others later~

1. What does one look for in a good “woodcare brush”. I would assume that any brush that has pure bristle would work just fine as a “woodcare brush”, including a generic Emulsion Brush that is made of pure bristle? If so, why do the stores label the brushes as “woodcare brush” specifically? What makes a good “woodcare brush” and why can I not do the same job using an Emulsion brush made of pure bristle?

2. Also, some brushes are labeled as “woodstain brush” or “timbercare brush”. Are there actual functional differences between the “woodcare brush”, “timbercare brush” and “woodstain brush”?

3. How would you differentiate the functions of a Timbercare Brush from a Woodcare brush, and if so, what are the characteristics of a Timbercare brush that is different from a Woodcare brush?

Sorry for my long questions, Hope somebody can help me, >.< THANKS!!!!

Sponsored Links
Ok, Look. It seems to me question 2 and three are the same. Are they not?Anyways. No, there really isnt any difference, apart from quality and name, style etc.
In answer to question 1.\ Yes , you can pretty much use any brush you like. timbercare brushes are generally short and wide, and often used for fence and unsanded raw cut timber.Your pure bristle emulsion brush will still stain your fence adequitly.
good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back