Difference in price between the trades? Is this accurate?

Sponsored Links
I would say thats probably going rate paye. I think plumbing rate is 28-30 on the cards then 32-35 with gas

Sponsored Links
I would say thats probably going rate paye. I think plumbing rate is 28-30 on the cards then 32-35 with gas
I used to £120 to my labourers in cash.
Then it was up to them to pay tax.
They signed me a receipt so I run it through my books.
Mind you, I'm in London.

The firm I work for has PAYE guys on that, and less, as a base rate. But the thing is that almost everyone on PAYE gets a certain amount of price work

Despite the cards in guys earning less than the subs they still keep quite a few of us subs working for them. Why? Because the subs are generally lot more experienced and generally come with their own (better) tool kit. For the PAYE guys the firm has to hire in or buy and maintain kit (tools) for their own guys, pay their statutory and bank holidays, pay their sick pay, pay for their PPE, pay for their training, pay employers NI, insure them, etc, etc. So in real terms they aren't much if any cheaper than the subs - and unlike the subs, if they are laid off or made redundant there is an on-cost to the firm.

So if Pongo thinks he's going to pay the flat wage to someone who is any good at the job, maybe he should think again.

The firm I work for has PAYE guys on that, and less, as a base rate. But the thing is that almost everyone on PAYE gets a certain amount of price work

Despite the cards in guys earning less than the subs they still keep quite a few of us subs working for them. Why? Because the subs are generally lot more experienced and generally come with their own (better) tool kit. For the PAYE guys the firm has to hire in or buy and maintain kit (tools) for their own guys, pay their statutory and bank holidays, pay their sick pay, pay for their PPE, pay for their training, pay employers NI, insure them, etc, etc. So in real terms they aren't much if any cheaper than the subs - and unlike the subs, if they are laid off or made redundant there is an on-cost to the firm.

So if Pongo thinks he's going to pay the flat wage to someone who is any good at the job, maybe he should think again.

when I employed wood machinists PAYE a couple of years back I was paying over £30k with 20 days holiday, pension contributions etc

there is a massive difference between PAYE and subbies -there is a huge differnece in the day rate between the 2, but you cant compare it. Somebody on PAYE is guaranteed work and a wage, gets holidays, sick pay, pension, insurance cover, workers rights etc etc

Sponsored Links
Back