Which trade costs the most?

Studders said:
Building Contractor said:
@mildmanneredjanitor

@Studders: I think you need to read through posts a little more through before you hastily respond in future

Oh I doubt there's anything much you can teach me about forums or how to use them, but thanks for the input. Perhaps you might choose a more valid analogy next time you decide to use one.

I don't think I need you informing me of what is valid or not. If you are going to give some input, try and be more informative instead of trying to become the man about town.

To using forums..tell me what version of bulletin board this is? ;)

Sponsored Links

??? Why? Is it a quiz? Do I win a prize if I get it right? :rolleyes:

Studders said:

??? Why? Is it a quiz? Do I win a prize if I get it right? :rolleyes:

Oh dear whats the matter...don't know?

You sure it isn't your Dad who's the contractor? Or are you always this juvenile?

phpBB 2.0 ish at a guess. Whaddo I win?

Sponsored Links
Awwww..getting up your nose are we :LOL:

Anyway....wrong, it's VBullentin Version 1, old as the hills, and you said you've been around??

Now go and play and let folks work I can't be bothered to chat to smart assess!!

Jeez... this is like watching someone with an over inflated ego work out some trauma from the playground.

But...
I never could bear to see the bigheads get away with it - so I went and got links to the homepages of
phpBB
and
Vbulletin

and I am delighted to say that the board appears to be a phpBB system (although without access to the cgi-bin there is no better way of telling) - the post reply buttons are the give away - as anyone who has ever tried skinning a bulletin board will tell you.

------------------------------------

I guess im in for a spot of bullying by the venerable B.C. now myself -

David P said:
Jeez... this is like watching someone with an over inflated ego work out some trauma from the playground.

But...
I never could bear to see the bigheads get away with it - so I went and got links to the homepages of
phpBB
and
Vbulletin

and I am delighted to say that the board appears to be a phpBB system (although without access to the cgi-bin there is no better way of telling) - the post reply buttons are the give away - as anyone who has ever tried skinning a bulletin board will tell you.

------------------------------------

I guess im in for a spot of bullying by the venerable B.C. now myself -

Thank you for checking, I was 'fairly' certain it wasn't Vbulletin being used but wasn't entirely sure which system was.
Sorry if I came over as being egotistical, didn't mean to appear that way. Just get a bit peed off (hence carried away) with the superior attitude of a tiny minority of posters who appear to delight in 'point scoring'.

Studders
Sorry if I came over as being egotistical, didn't mean to appear that way.
you don't come across the least bit egotistical - on the contrary you made a measured reply to a fairly provocative assault by one of the
tiny minority of posters who appear to delight in 'point scoring'.

David P said:
Ahh right, sorry, I thought I'd maybe ****ed some folks off and appeared a bit big headed, which wasn't my intention. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Building Contractor -

If I may take your surgical analogy a bit further.

Are you aware that there is a nurse practitioner who is training to do simple inguinal hernia repairs? Would you be less happy being operated on by her(or him) than a fully qualified surgeon? Fundamentally if she can do the job to a high standard and within her capabilities is she necessarily an inferior operator (in inguinal hernia repairs) to a general surgeon doing say a complicated liver resection. Indeed she may have much better results at doing these hernia repairs than more accomplished surgeons who do these hernia repairs infrequently.

Granted if there were difficulties and the procedure was complicated she would realise her limitations and seek more senior/experienced assistance.

I think that is not unlike the situation currently in the 'trade'. There is considerable expertise (and perhaps not always formally trained) around and whilst they may not be up to doing the million pound bathrooms, they can, and do, do an excellent job on the smaller projects which a builder such as yourself would not have the time to take on.

If they are capable at it and can do it to a high standard there is nothing stopping them from doing the job and there shouldn't be. But regretfully there may be a few who give the rest a bad name or maybe they have just made mistakes. But that goes for qualified people as well. Including surgeons...........(scissors in your abdomen anyone? Bristol?) :eek:

Oh BTW - Some surgeons are very good at fitting bathrooms actually!!! :LOL:

Whatever..whoever...I can not be bothered with this cr*p.There are some really nice people on here and there are the ones who go around with their heads in the clouds..well if it makes you lot feel any better..I'm off out of here, I've got better things to do in my life that argue with you lot.

..I'm off out of here, I've got better things to do in my life that argue with you lot.

sorry you feel that way

Whatever..whoever...I can not be bothered with this cr*p.There are some really nice people on here and there are the ones who go around with their heads in the clouds..well if it makes you lot feel any better..I'm off out of here, I've got better things to do in my life that argue with you lot.

Speaking for myself, I never wanted to argue with you but merely responded to your provocative comments...

Personally, I think it would be shame to lose your valuable input from your extensive building knowledge.

(that was an olive branch BTW...) :p

P.S. I'm laying a patio next week :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back