Different colours windows from patio doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due to budget and to save cost, I'm thinking of putting white PVC windows in the house (circa £20k) and having grey powder coated aluminium sliding patio doors 2 sets of 4.1m lengths = £18k).

Will this look really bad and stick out or will I get away with it astetically ie white upc v dark grey aluminium?

Sponsored Links
At those prices , guessing you have a few windows to replace!

Depends on what you are looking for , as surely white powder coated doors should be cheaper than grey....
Also personal preference....but could be worth taking a pic of your house and doing a ' mock ' up of the windows and doors and see what you think

You might find Ronnie that there's no difference in price between any of the standard RAL colours, it's only perhaps when you get to those funky textured finishes, that's certainly the case with my supplier/ fabricator.

Back to the original question whether it'll match, I always say you treat doors separately from windows, people have different coloured front doors from the rest of the house, the same I apply to patio doors too, I've recently fitted a job with white PVC windows and blue 6 panel bi-folds, looks sweet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back