aluminium and pvc window dilemma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we are currently building an extension and have a dilemma on new windows. there are several new windows going into the extension but the rest of the house has white pvc, we are considering an aluminium sliding bi-fold but are in a quandry about the colour and whether a black or grey bi-fold would look silly with the white pvc. I have no imagination and can't picture the finished look. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

Sponsored Links
I would suggest posting this in the windows and doors section :LOL:

similar dilema in that we are building a new rear extension which as part of the planning conditions is to have dark grey wooden or metal framed windows and doors, of which there will be a few.

The existing windows are white PVC

I think that we will replace the existing windows - there will only be 4 original windows left after the extension - with the new frame type, or at the very least, the ground floor windows as the rear extension is only single storey

Don't get into the mindset that everything has to match and co-ordinate like some chintz kitchen set and matching curtains and table cloth.

How does the extension fit in with the house elevation it is on? Is it a seamless fit? Or is it, as most extensions are, effectively a new box on the back of the house made to look like the house but never quite making it?

View the frames in context of the extension

Sponsored Links
i'm in almost the same situation, all windows are white upvc but going to fit Aluminium folding sliding doors. I've decided to fit white aluminium folding sliding doors. These are next to kitchen window so I'm thinking of changing that to white aluminium and leaving rest upvc .
Hope to finish in 8 weeks so will post pics

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back