Large Aluminium Window pricing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone give me a rough idea on aluminium window pricing, so I can see if it's even feasible - closest I can find trawling the net is a couple of articles telling you how difficult it is to find pricing online! :rolleyes: At this size all I can see is bi-folding.

Looking at 2 (W) 2100 x (H) 2100 (this drops near to the floor, I hope to just cut away the brickwork under the existing windows).
In Scotland FWIW, though I'd imagine pricing is similar through anywhere that is not the south-east. Would appreciate any input.

Sponsored Links
Far too many variables from that description.
Color? Layout? Number of openers?

Any particular reason for wanting aluminum? Personally I don't really recommend it for domestic properties, As metal is cold it would be quite likely to suffer from condensation.

Thanks for the reply Gaz - I was looking for more 'floor to ceiling' look, in a single fixed pane, no openers, colour is flexible, (just don't want standard white upvc).

From what I could find, Alu was the only option for this sizing anyway?

PVC should be fine as long as there is something solid to fix to all the way around, You can get it an any color you like nowadays.

At that size you will most likely need either 6mm toughened or laminated glass. Personally I would ask for lam glass so it all stays together if it gets smashed by something.

Normally an Ali window is 2-3 times the cost of PVC but as you only need a simple outer frame and maybe a cill there may not be such a price difference. I expect the glass will be the most expensive part.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Gaz - I think you're right, PVC should do ok in a different colour/finish.

Does the lam add any toughness in itself? I've got kids, and it'll be below the 80mm, so that has to be a consideration :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back