Different cylinder fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm hoping to get some advice.

Our hot water cylinder needed changing. Our builder recommended an engineer/plumber and we agreed on a Gledhill 300l unvented indirect cylinder - which I paid for upfront (£600).

Came home today to see that he had fitted a Whitewolf Hopson cylinder!

I have searched online for reviews and general information and can't find anything.

Grateful for help with:

1) Whether any of you have come across this cylinder (and what you think of it)
2) What would you do?

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• cylinder 2.jpg
    cylinder 2.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 157
  • cylinder 1.jpg
    cylinder 1.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 173
Sponsored Links
Nope, never heard of them. If you agreed a Gledhill, then that’s what should be fitted, unless of course you changed your mind, which obviously you didn’t. If you have it in writing you can probably get them to change it at their cost. Who fitted it?

You'll find a bit of info on them on Companies House- company has no website of its own, only started trading April 2019. Main problem will be any guarantee on the thing- Gledhill aren't everyones' favourite but they've been around a while. For sure you need a conversation with your engineer, if the thing comes with an insurance-backed guarantee then probably leave it at that-if not then time to get in his face.

Definitely did not change my mind. We had discussed Telford and Gledhill and ending up choosing the latter.

He said that it's a rebadged Gledhill but I can't find anything that confirms that online.

I'd prefer not to give out his details but he is qualified and has submitted the building regs form (and given me a building regs reference).

Checked Companies House too - seems to be owned by two brothers and accounts indicate it's a small operation.

The leaflet I have states that it comes with a 25 year - see the attached photo.

Attachments

• cylinder 3.jpg
    cylinder 3.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 106
Sponsored Links
Just noticed that the guarantee has to be registered on their website - which doesn't seem to exist!

Mmm. And is only going to be valid for as long as the company is trading....not casting aspersions or anything but a lot of zombie companies were resurrected April/May 2019 to take advantage of various government handouts. Lots will cease trading fairly soon cos loan repayments are coming due....

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thought White wolf disappeared ages ago . Ripped out many of the old tanks . Unless the company had been bought out in 2019 .....

Definitely did not change my mind. We had discussed Telford and Gledhill and ending up choosing the latter.

He said that it's a rebadged Gledhill but I can't find anything that confirms that online.

I'd prefer not to give out his details but he is qualified and has submitted the building regs form (and given me a building regs reference).

Checked Companies House too - seems to be owned by two brothers and accounts indicate it's a small operation.

The leaflet I have states that it comes with a 25 year - see the attached photo.
It says it has to have an annual service. What does that entail and how much does it cost?

But you didn’t ask for a re-badged one. Nobody has asked for his details, if you aren’t happy then I suggest you try to rectify it with him, else citizens advice.

Some cylinders are difficult to get hold of at the moment but that should of been discussed with you.

used to be called Haddon Enterprises then changed their name to Whitewolf cylinders, they are based in Wakefield

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Is there a phone number on the label just out of shot? If there is, phone it and see if anyone answers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back