Digging down for concrete base for shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

It may sound obvious until
I start speaking lol .

We are going to be prepping a concrete base for a shed/ garden shed thing ready for the warmer months until
We get get around to building it.

Normally I would dig dow
3inch fill that with type 1
The 3-4 inch base on that shuttered the problem I have and I’m no gardener trade ( plumber lol ) is that we are going to be raising our garden by around 6 inches as the garden is really low compared to the house and slopes the wrong way.

I can’t see the point of raising the garden 6 inch only to then dig out 7 inch for a base lol .
The base is going at the end of the garden which is tbh already flat where the shed will be going and I killed off all the grass in that area, I tell people it was on purpose but it wasn’t lol .

Anyway could I just shutter 7 inch above ground compact type 1 then lay the concrete? I get if it’s an extension you’d dig down to solid ground but but for 3 inches I can’t see the point?

I’m here to learn lol
Thanks
Jake

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back