shed base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Im planning to build a shed at the bottom of my garden approx 10ft x 10ft. The area Im putting it is already concreted however unfortunately it slopes away at one corner. I dont want to make a wooden base to level it and was just looking for any advice about how I best go about concreting on top of this to level it?
Im just not sure how do i go about making the shuttering because obviously to get it level will mean there will be a gap underneath at one corner of a few inches where it drops away.

many thanks

Sponsored Links
How deep is the existing base?
For a sound pour, you will have to at least add a further 100mm depth or you are likely to have problems with the bond to existing.

If practicable, I would be considering breaking up existing and starting again, you can always use some of that as hardcore for new base.

If you can apply more than 100mm to existing, then I would shutter out from perimeter of the base if that is possible, other than that it would be a case of building a shutter frame so top is level, the pack out at the slope and drop some plastic sheeting down the sides to prevent leakage.
Or you could raise the level with brick work.

Its actually part of a crazy paved drive that i was hoping to go on top. It goes right up the the boundary fence on two sides and the other 2 sides im not going right up to unfortunately so i cant really go up to the perimeter. But I could break it up as best I can to help it bond, even if i lift up some of the paving pieces would that help it do you think?
thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back