Digging slab for extention next to existing rear elevation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

I'm marking out the foundations and slab today. I dug down a test pit next to the rear elevation of my property to which the single story extension will join onto. The foundations of the house are only 300mm deep.

I'm not concerned about the new foundations as they run at a right angle to the rear elevation, however the concrete slab will mean I dig to the same level as the existing foundations even if I go with a minimum 75mm hardcore/25mm sand/DPM/100mm insulation & 100mm slab assuming I can smooth off without screed.

The house is a standard victorian semi. The total rear elevation of the back part of the house is 7m. So half that will be exposed.

How do you guys normally go about it.

Thanks in advance

James

Sponsored Links
Digging to the same level as existing foundations shouldnt be a problem.. only if you dig below should any unusual measures be in place..
(Remember to pipe all your air brick locations through the extension..)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back