Keep existing slab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
Planning my extension where there is an existing garage, I am told by others on the street that the existing foundations and slab of the garage are rock solid and have taken a lot of smashing out, if I can still get insulation, dpm, 100mm slab on top of the existing garage floor slab, (possibly without screed if there isn't room) wondered if that may be OK to save breaking up the old slab? Likewise for the existing footings if I expose them for bco inspection they may be OK to underpin/widen and build off? Any advice appreciated, just trying to work our what may be possible.
Cheers
John

Sponsored Links
Whats a couple days extra work in breaking up the old slab and footings for peace of mind in knowing you've prepared the footings and slab correctly for the required build?

Do the job right first time never have to worry about it again.

Plus if your involving building control I doubt they'll let you do any of the above which you mentioned anyways.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back