digi fuision

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I am hoping someone might be able to answer something for me. I have a digital recorder which gives me the ability to rewind live t.v up to 30 mins but sometimes it will jump back to the present, does anybody know why it does this?

Sponsored Links
It could be you have tried to go to far back, so it just goes to now

Thanks for the reply. you may be right but why would it allow you to rewind further than you can watch it does not make sense, and then how do you know how far you are allowed to rewind ?

If you state the make and model number, one of us can hopefully download the manual and read it to you. There might be a clue.

Sponsored Links
I have two boxes which will allow me to pause and rewind live TV. One is the Sky+ box the other a Philips Hard-Drive/DVD recorder and both are very different.

The Sky+ box once the program has ended just tells me to press back-up and I can't leave the program being watched. I think max is 1 hour?
The Philips has up to 6 hours rewind and I can select quality and transfer to hard drive if I want. If I hold back button it will take me to max recorded position. And after 6 hours it will continue auto deleting anything older than 6 hours. It does from time to time go faulty and I have to unplug and plug back in again.

However in both cases any power cut and all is lost. So first question are you sure there are no lose connections on your power. I have had a 2.5A figure of 8 power plug work it's way out in the past.

Well thanks for the replies. This box was given to us and it is great you can make a brew when you want! I have checked all the leads and they seem fine, the model no. FVRT145 digital video recorder 80GB. I Just think I am doing something wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back