Digistat +3RF not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there, I wonder if anybody has any thoughts on this problem
We have recently moved to a house with a Digistat +3RF connected wirelessly
via a SCR to the boiler, which is a Worcester Greenstar highflow 440. The problem we have is that despite of having set the times for five days of the week and the weekend, the boiler will kick in or not at random. The main problem is in the evenings, when the digistat will ask for heat, but the boiler wont fire up. Also if at any point we try to manually override the preset temperature, most of the times it doesn't work. There seems to be aconnection between the digistat and the SCR because when we override, the red light in the SCR will flash and then the green light will stay on after the red dissappears, but the boiler wont' start.Other times, like most mornings, it will work fine. Hot water is not a problem, it will work straightaway.
We have tried replacing the digistat batteries, swritching it off and on, bringing temp up and down several times,even switching off the boiler. Some things seem to work sometimes but not consistently.
We suspect that the fault is with the SCR, but whoever installed it put it behing a cupboard, and removed a square piece off the back of the cupboard for limited access. I've tried to remove the plastic cover, but seems very firmly attached to the wall.I could always make the hole bigger, but if anybody knows how can I get into the SCR without doing that, it would be a great help. Also, if there are any suggestions about trying anything else, I'd be very grateful.
Thank you
Daniel

Sponsored Links
I would suspect the SCR is faulty, I've have several that work intermittently, listen for the relay in the SCR when the stat is turned up and down, they are usually audible when the green light goes on or off.
To remove the unit you need acces to the underside of it as there are two screws holding it to the backplate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back