Digistat room stat not bringing boiler on. Worcester 28CDi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I Hope someone can help me with a problem with my Worcester 28CDi RSF boiler? Just recently I have had to go into the loft to switch on the boiler using the over-ride button, as the Digital room stat isn't communicating with the receiver. I have replacedall four batteries, closing the right hand drawer first, followed by the left drawer and when I increase the temperature reading the flame signal comes on but the boiler doesn't fire. I have gone through the re-commissioning process between boiler and Digistat room thermostat but this didn't work. If anyone has a solution I will be eternally grateful. The boiler was first installed in January 1998 and has had a new gas valve, filling loop and fan fitted since new and generally has been very reliable. I have fitted two new radiators and when the heating is on all radiators are hot. I forgot to mention that the red re-set button when pressed isn't doing anything either! Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Hi. I Hope someone can help me with a problem with my Worcester 28CDi RSF boiler? Just recently I have had to go into the loft to switch on the boiler using the over-ride button, as the Digital room stat isn't communicating with the receiver. I have replacedall four batteries, closing the right hand drawer first, followed by the left drawer and when I increase the temperature reading the flame signal comes on but the boiler doesn't fire. I have gone through the re-commissioning process between boiler and Digistat room thermostat but this didn't work. If anyone has a solution I will be eternally grateful. The boiler was first installed in January 1998 and has had a new gas valve, filling loop and fan fitted since new and generally has been very reliable. I have fitted two new radiators and when the heating is on all radiators are hot. I forgot to mention that the red re-set button when pressed isn't doing anything either! Thanks in advance!

Just to let everyone know that the receiver was duff so I am having one fitted by a professional plumber! Sorry nobody replied to my post, but hey no problem!

Sometimes posts move down the list fast and they get missed. I wouldn't have known the answer to your problem but thanks for the update as it might help others.

Sponsored Links
Sometimes posts move down the list fast and they get missed. I wouldn't have known the answer to your problem but thanks for the update as it might help others.

Hi! Thanks for your comments! I never thought of that! Lol! Still waiting for the plumber to arrive with the receiver. He did say it might be a problem obtaining one as my boiler is 15 years old, but I have seen brand new ones on Ebay, so if he has no luck I'll order it myself. Great site! Thanks again!

Selmar47

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back