digital manometer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a gas engineer of 7 years experience and i am thinking about changing over to a digital manometer some of my colleagues reccomend them i just need some feedback
before i buy one i am after a testo 510 digital manometer i anyone know were to get one cheap or someone what is selling that particular model please let me know,thanks

Sponsored Links
I personally don't like the little testo manometer. I have a 510 and the hoses forever slip off the connections at the top I have tried cable tying them on Etc but because they're tapered it just slides off. No good when your testing and purging or completing a Stregth test as if you loose pressure it's game over.
I now just use my gas analyser to do let by and tightness gas tests with. Unless I'm doing Stregth Tests or Testing a new carcas - then I use Anton Manometer.

The Fluke 116 every time mate. Not cheap granted, but the best.
No self respecting boiler engineer should leave home without one.
HTH

Sponsored Links
Sorry chaps I didn't read it correctly, yes the Fluke 116 is a multimeter.
Regardless, it would be interesting to see what others recommend in the way of manometer. A subject generally kept in the confines of the combustion chamber pot!!

there are loads of different ones on the market and some better than others , but make sure you keep your water manometer to hand as it will never let you down and you will need it for your annual Gas safe inspection ( if they actually turn up ) the digital ones are great but can go *******s up very easily especially in the winter they dont like the cold, at least with a water guage you can see it is frozen

there are loads of different ones on the market and some better than others , but make sure you keep your water manometer to hand as it will never let you down and you will need it for your annual Gas safe inspection ( if they actually turn up ) the digital ones are great but can go **** up very easily especially in the winter they dont like the cold, at least with a water guage you can see it is frozen

I've not seen a Gas Safe Inspector Ian, not since he was called the Corgi Inspector!!

Agreed mate but just in case,dont get rid of the old water guage they will fail you if you dont have one to hand

They've never seemed overly bothered what I've used in the past.

Its actually a mandatory requirement Dan, as you have said some dont really bother but electronic versions are not accepted as batteries , calibration etc , dont think for a second that I agree cos I dont in any way

Yeah I know... but last inspection I had the van in the garage at short notice so only had my FGA and hand tools.... nice Mr Inspector was even kind enough to lend me his LDF :cool:

Do have a Rothy one in the van for show though ;).

They've never seemed overly bothered what I've used in the past.

Its actually a mandatory requirement Dan, as you have said some dont really bother but electronic versions are not accepted as batteries , calibration etc , dont think for a second that I agree cos I dont in any way

My understanding was; a calibration cert was required Ian??
Regardless, I can always dust off the auld U gauge..... ;)

WRT Testo monometer. Insert an off cut of air pressure switch tube inside the manometer tube and fit onto the Testo. Stays in place ;)

WRT Testo monometer. Insert an off cut of air pressure switch tube inside the manometer tube and fit onto the Testo. Stays in place ;)

Thanks for that tip Danny. Of course with the Kane 425 you don't need a Digi manometer, but it's not handy pulling that out all the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back