digi manometer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to you all,
I am not sure if this is the right forum section for this question ,but here goes...
I am thinking of buying a digi manometer,and am wondering which one(s) you guys use or have used, and your thoughts on them.

Obviously as this is a digital piece of equipment it needs to be calibrated to keep its accuracy.How often does this need to be done, and what is the cost of this?

Thanks in advance
Linkyplumb

Sponsored Links
Why would you want one? Buy a decent analogue one, like a Regin Premier, and there's no need at all to get a digital one. I would expect that most digi ones require annual calibration in the same way that FGA's do. I've never heard of a trad sight gauge needing calibration at all...

Sponsored Links
i have the premier & it is the db.

but today i needed a reading of -3.14 mb the only way to get that is digital.

Ah, negative pressures, now that's a different kettle of fish I agree.

Incidentally, at the risk of going off-topic, where do you get the fluid for your regin from? How much is it? Obviously not blowing it out is the preferable option, but these things do 'appen :oops:

i've bought probably 2 bottles in the last 4 years from partscenter, stupid price probably at a guess £6-8 for a dribble. but if there is a risk of blowing the gauge i also have a water manometer (with glass tubes) not carp regin one, if necessary.

i'm wondering how many newly qualified engineers know that you can test pressure with a rubber tube, milk bottle & tape measure.

I used to have a very tiny digi manometer from testo about 30 mm diameter until it was stolen by a builder. I bought it to take on the bus.

They then replaced it with a much larger heart shaped unit but I think they may have discontinued that as I did not see it on their site.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back