Digital Output (Open Collector) to Analog Ground?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
pinout.png

This now gives me 12v on the brown/grey line. Triggering DOUT has no impact.

I've tried both Normal and Inverted.

I'm lost/stuck :(

Last edited:
This now gives me 12v on the brown/grey line. Triggering DOUT has no impact.

I've tried both Normal and Inverted.

It will be very fast batches of data, you likely will not spot it with a multimeter. You would need a 'scope to see the brief pulses.

I'm triggering DOUT for a specified period of time... My receiving unit needs analog ground... The setup is basically a trip switch that triggers DOUT, the receiving unit needs to receive GND. Then for "defined period of time" DOUT remains tripped, and GND remains locked, during which the "light" comes on, after period of time DOUT changes and the light goes off again.

Last edited:
I'm triggering DOUT for a specified period of time... My receiving unit needs analog ground... The setup is basically a trip switch that triggers DOUT, the receiving unit needs to receive GND. Then for "defined period of time" DOUT remains tripped, and GND remains locked, during which the "light" comes on, after period of time DOUT changes and the light goes off again.

OK, try the opposite - a pull down resistor...

Connect your resistor between DOUT and ground.. It seems wrong, for an open collector, but it will do not harm to try it.

Will try, appreciate it!

This is from the manual of the device, does this suggest there's no float?

1698156501279-png.318252

I mean, you've probably guessed I know nothing, so...

Can you tell us exactly what devices you are trying to wire up?
A photo of your connections may also help us.

OK, try the opposite - a pull down resistor...

Connect your resistor between DOUT and ground.. It seems wrong, for an open collector, but it will do not harm to try it.

Without the resistor in place, the DOUT <> GND line has 5v. With the 1K, it has 0.47v. I see no movement at all when I toggle DOUT. There was reference to needing more than 1.7 or something before to go from H to L. Could the 1K be too much?

Edit: I tried 100 ohm, and it stuck at 0.50, but again, no movement on DOUT toggle.

Can you tell us exactly what devices you are trying to wire up?
A photo of your connections may also help us.

GPS Tracker & Amp

The theory is that I can have the tracker send a "GND" signal via DOUT to the Amp and hold ground "until I say so".

The wiring is "good", well, for "normal functionality"... it's just this DOUT <> GND issue. That said, each device has it's own direct line to +, and own - ground points.

Last edited:
I've just noticed something..................................................................................................................

The colour scheme on the website, suggests DOUT as being "Grey", and I was also advised Grey by two separate sources....

But on the unit itself, it says DOUT is white... Might be a nice win in the morning...

I always always always get stung by the obvious/taking things as gospel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back