Dimmer switch

O

oompah

Where i am sat now we have recessed downlighters controlled by a dimmer switch ,switched the lights on earlier then went to turn them off again but nothing happened although the dimmer knob turns.Do these switches pack up? its made in the uk and the blue part inside has GET written on it.

Sponsored Links
Where i am sat now we have recessed downlighters controlled by a dimmer switch ,switched the lights on earlier then went to turn them off again but nothing happened although the dimmer knob turns.Do these switches pack up? its made in the uk and the blue part inside has GET written on it.

they do pack up mate.
when you say nothing happened,do you mean you pushed the switch or rotated it?

sometimes,all that pushing shoves the knob against the plate so you cant push and sometimes if its a rotate jobbie it wears down the knob so it spins rather than switching off ,although it can still dim(does it)?

try pulling your knob off(more tea vicar)and rotating the switch itself,you may get away with glueing it back on

either that or its cacked :D

Its a rotating one i.ve taken it off and replaced with a ordinary light switch.so will get along to local shop for a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back