Dimmers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
I HAVE VARIALITE DIMMERS TO INSTALL BUT I NEED HELP. THE SLAVE IS OK BUT THE MASTER IS THE PROBLEM. I CURRENTLY HAVE 5 CABLES. 2 x TWIN AND EARTH AND 3 x 3 CORE AND EARTH. MY CURRENT SWITCH HAS L1,L2,L3 TERMINALS AT THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF THE SWITCH. I’M NOT SURE WHAT GOES WHERE ON THE NEW SWITCH. IT HAS L S AND AN ARROW SYMBOL. IS IT POSSIBLE TO REWIRE IT BY PUTTING THE WIRES IN L1,L2,L3 INTO THE TERMINALS ON THE NEW SWITCH AND IF SO, WHAT GOES WHERE ? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Sponsored Links
The instructions say connect L to live,lm ok with that. Then it says to connect load to the terminal marked with the arrow. Im not sure which wire is the load and what l do with the other wires. It doesn't say what to do with the terminal marked S either. Sorry i wasn't shouting, Im using my pocket PC and its easier to do capitals.

Please do a search!

There have been REAMS of stuff on this switching system in the past.......

Sponsored Links
Have searched but there's one thing lm unsure of. l have 3 3 core and earth at the master but only 2 at the slave. Where does the other one go to?

You say your existing switch has L1, L2 & L3 at the top and the bottom of the switch making 6 terminals in total.
You will only find that if you have 2 two way switches side by side, when one of the switches is inverted. for example COM - L1 - L2 at the top will have L1 - L2 - COM at the bottom. COM at the top along with L1 - L2 at the bottom relate to the same switch.
On your varilight dimmer switch the incoming live goes to ' L (live)' the outgoing switched live goes from 'arrow/wave' to your light.
If you are also using a slave switch, then you have to link the two switches (L to L) ( arrow/wave to arrow/wave) and ( S to S ).
All this is explained on the www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/Datasheets/Systems/TouchRemote.htm
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back