Dimpled rubber strips bonded to epdm deck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

There's a balcony on the front of the house which has an epdm covering on it. It did have composite decking boards sat on lengths of timber, when the roofers did the work they've bonded strips of 7.5mm thick dimpled rubber under where the wood was laying.

IMG_20210827_133303.jpg

I now want to lay porcelain pavers using pedestals, problem is the pedestals are going to be going over these strips, they're bonded solid, I think my only option is going to be to buy more of the same stuff and effectively use it to shim under any pedestals that land on a bonded strip. Unless there's another option?

Does anyone know what the dimpled rubber is used for? I'm assuming it has some other application in roofing? I've looked at buying 8mm thick rubber in sheets but it's not cheap, I'm hoping the dimpled stuff is sold by the reel and may be more reasonable?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
They've done that so (a) the wood had some ventilation (b) to avoid point loading the EPDM.
It does look very like the dimpled floor covering linked to by @sxturbo , you'd be wise to put more of it under all the supports for your (very slippery in the rain) tiles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back