Dimplex Danville Dilemma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have our Dimplex Danville optimyst fire for about 5 years now. The flame effect has always been a bit of a pain. I've had to replace the transducer discs from time to time, and replaced the transducer itself, but after a few months it plays up again.

Once again it stopped producing mist, so I bought another new transducer unit. It worked for about 10 minutes and stopped producing mist. So I bought a new fan. As soon as I fitted the fan, it started producing mist far better than it had ever done. Success at last!

Put it all back together, and 10 minutes later it stopped producing mist - permanently. So it's got a new transducer, and a new fan, but still not working.

Any ideas what else could be the problem?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a bad connection or broken wire that is making contact intermittently to one of the components you have replaced, or a dry joint on the control board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back